Passengers coming to Chhatrapati Shivaji Maharaj AIRPORT TERMINAL, Mumbai will get RT-PCR Test at the airport premises now. This new service is second in India where Delhi comes with an RT-PCR testing lab offered by the airport.
Passengers arriving Chhatrapati Shivaji Maharaj AIRPORT TERMINAL, Mumbai can avail RT-PCR Test at the premises which can only help them to skip institutional quarantine and mandatory negative COVID-19 certificate to be able to fly within India.
The RT-PCR testing can be achieved at Terminal 02 and you also have to follow some procedures before you book the test. The procedures to book RT-PCR Test at CSMIA are as below:
- Passengers can book for RT-PCR Test at the airport via ICMR-approved Suburban Diagnostics laboratory website or may also go to the helpdesk located at the arrival section.
- The testing facility is open 24×7 and will set you back INR 1,600 (22$) that is at par with other authorised labs.
- There is really a waiting lounge located for the passengers who avail test at the lab, alternatively, passengers may also book a available room at the airport hotel after getting permission from hawaii government.
- The test outcomes come within 08 hours and both hard and soft copy of the outcomes will undoubtedly be provided to the passengers.
- Passengers that are negative Covid-19 can just do it to the required destination after obtaining a stamp from local authorities showing home quarantine which includes been stamped by the authorities.
- Passengers that are tested positive for Covid-19 will undoubtedly be moved to authorised quarantine centre and you will be kept under observation.
- The airport has announced to all or any passengers that another flight must be scheduled to be at a gap of 8-12 hours.
- The testing service will undoubtedly be designed for arriving passengers at the airport now, however, the service will be too extended to departing passengers.
- According to the norms, all international passengers should undertake seven days of institutional quarantine and seven days of home quarantine. However, passengers showing negative Covid-19 certificate can skip seven days of institutional quarantine and will follow the 7 day home quarantine period. However the negative Covid-19 test result shouldn’t be a lot more than 96 hours.
- The Civil Aviation Minister to own testing facility to International transit passengers, however, CSMIA has had up the initiative to check all domestic and international passengers.
all airports has been ordered by