Hey Xbox Insiders! We have a new Xbox One update preview coming to the Beta and Delta ring. It’s important we note that some updates made in these preview OS builds include background improvements that ensure a quality and stable build for Xbox One.
We continue to post these release notes, even when the noticeable changes to the UI are minimal, so you’re aware when updates are coming to your device. Details can be found below!
System Update Details:
- OS version released: RS_XBOX_RELEASE_201019041.4900.200923-0000
- Available: 2 p.m. PT – September 24, 2020
- Mandatory: 3 a.m. PT – September 25, 2020
New Features and Experiences
We have exciting news! Beta and Delta users can expect something new coming to their Xbox One update preview.
DTS Sound Unbound is a new app which brings along with it a new Headset Format Audio setting called DTS Headphone:X and now DTS:X for home theater which is free for all HDMI devices that support it!
A few things to note:
- Ensure you remove any current version of DTS Sound Unbound app which is on your console before participating in this beta
- By joining this flight you will obtain access to a new beta version of the DTS Sound Unbound app which supports DTS:X for home theater
How To Participate
- Restart your console to ensure the Xbox Audio settings page UI updates
- Note: The setting will be available after 3 p.m. PST today..
- Launch the Xbox Insider Hub
- Navigate to Insider Content > DTS:X for Home Theater > Join
- Install the DTS Sound Unbound app by selecting “Show in store” from the flight (this version is a beta version of the one currently released in the store)
- Navigate to your Xbox Audio Settings page and under Bitstream format select “DTS:X for home theater (HDMI only)”
- Once setup, please participate in the DTS:X Home Theater quest so we can learn more about your experience.
Q: I cannot enable DTS:X for home theater through the DTS Sound Unbound app UI.
A: During this flight period, please enable DTS:X for home theater through the Xbox Audio settings page.
Q: It says I cannot enable the setting under Xbox Audio Settings.
A: Ensure that your HDMI device supports DTS:X and that you have downloaded a version of DTS Sound Unbound which is 2020.203.53.70 or greater (this should be downloadable through the Xbox Insider Hub).
Thanks to the hard work of Xbox engineers, we are happy to announce the following fixes have been implemented for this build:
- Users should no longer be disconnected from a party and have the Guide close when viewing Looking for Group posts.
- Fixes to address an issue where users are not receiving Game or Party invites on the console.
- We’ve fixed an issue to address users being unable to clear notifications or mark them as read.
- Additional fixes to address seeing unreadable text in the Guide with Light Theme enabled.
- Fixed an issue where the dashboard wouldn’t load or show a grey or black screen.
- Users should no longer notice their content blocks or groups missing from the dashboard on reboot/update.
- Users should now correctly see the “Change Background” option in the customize menu.
- Various updates to properly reflect local languages across the console
- Note: Users participating in Preview may see “odd” text across the console, for more information go here.
We understand some issues have been listed in previous Xbox Insider Release Notes. These items aren’t being ignored, but it will take Xbox engineers more time to find a solution.
We’re still tracking these known issues:
- Some users have reported that Dolby Atmos for Headphones audio setting changes when the console is rebooted/updated.
- Note: If you attempt to set the audio to Dolby Atmos for Headphones and see a message advising you to launch the Dolby Access App, please file feedback before launching the app.
- We are investigating reports of the audio mixer being unable to adjust chat/game audio levels.
- There are reports from users that the Guide not launching or loading.
My Games & Apps
- Users have reported seeing black tiles instead of game artwork when browsing their collection.
- Note: We are still investigating the issue, please report the issue again from the console if you have done so with a prior update and are still seeing this behavior.
- Some titles in collection may appear with a “trial” tag incorrectly in collection.
- The text for “Ready to Start” when installing a game may not display correctly.
- Sometimes users may encounter the incorrect Profile color when powering on the console.
Make sure to use Report a problem to keep us informed of your issue. We may not be able to respond to everyone, but the data we’ll gather is crucial to finding a resolution.
How to Get Xbox Insider Support
If you’re an Xbox Insider looking for support, please reach out to the community subreddit. Official Xbox staff, moderators, and fellow Xbox Insiders are there to help with your concerns.
When posting to the subreddit, please look through most recent posts to see if your issue has already been posted or addressed. We always recommend adding to threads with the same issue before posting a brand new one. This helps us support you the best we can! Don’t forget to use “Report a problem” before posting—the information shared in both places helps us understand your issue better.
Thank you to every Xbox Insider in the subreddit today. We love that it has become such a friendly and community-driven hub of conversation and support.
For more information regarding the Xbox Insider Program follow us on Twitter. Keep an eye on future Xbox Insider Release Notes for more information regarding your Xbox One Update Preview ring!
Xbox Official news (news.xbox.com)