Monday, October 25, 2021

CD Projekt Acquires The Molasses Flood, The Studio Behind The Flame In The Flood

CD Projekt has announced that it has acquired The Molasses Flood, the studio known for games like The Flame in the Flood and Drake Hollow.  This news comes by way of a press release from CD Projekt that says The Molasses Flood is a perfect fit for the studio group. The studio will be working on one of CD Projekt’s IP, although it will retain its own identity and won’t merge with any existing teams in CD Projekt.  “The Molasses Flood will be working in close cooperation with CD Projekt Red, but will keep their current identity and will not be merged with existing teams,” the release reads. “The studio will be working on its own ambitious project which is based on one of CD Projekt’s IPs. Details about the project will be announced in the future.”  CD Projekt specifically cites The Molasses Flood’s technological insight and experience as reasons for the acquisition. “We’re always on the lookout for teams who make games with heart,” CD Projekt president and CEO Adam Kiciński writes in the press release. “The Molasses Flood share our passion for video game development, they’re experienced, quality-oriented, and have great technological insight. I’m convinced they will bring a lot of talent and determination to the Group.”  The Molasses Flood’s studio head, Forrest Dowling, says the studio saw an incredible opportunity in becoming part of the CD Projekt group, which is also the home of CD Projekt Red, the team behind The Witcher series and Cyberpunk 2077. Dowling says The Molasses Flood’s acquisition by CD Projekt will allow the team to reach a much wider audience.  While waiting for more details on The Molasses Flood’s next project, check out Game Informer’s The Flame in the Flood review and then check out our Cyberpunk 2077 review. 
More

    Latest Posts

    Plans for an in-person MWC continue as Sony, Nokia and Ericsson out bow

    After scuttling one massive international trade show this past year, the GSMA is sticking with plans for an in-person Mobile World Congress in Barcelona this June – just with out a few marquee names. A small number of companies, including Oracle, smartphone maker Sony, and networking firms Ericsson and Nokia, have all confirmed they shall not be attending the show in the flesh. 

    This isn’t the 1st time the GSMA has placed on an in-person event through the pandemic – it held a Mobile World Congress in Shanghai in late February, with a spate of virtual addresses and panels supplementing the on-the-ground experience. In accordance with a statement provided to Bloomberg , around 17,000 people attended the Shanghai event no positive COVID diagnoses have already been reported up to now, though it’s worth noting that lots of of the attendees didn’t need to travel internationally to wait. 


    help mitigate risk

    To, the show organizer is planning for a similar online element of accommodate remote attendees come early july, and plans to host a significantly smaller amount of people on-site in Barcelona: think 50,000, from the a lot more than 100 down, 000 who attend typically.

    Compounding the down sides of running an in-person trade show will be the strict travel restrictions still in place all over the world. The web site for the united states Embassy in Spain and Andorra tells would-be attendees that entry in to the country isn’t allowed unless they meet “very specific requirements or have previously obtained special permission from the federal government of Spain.” And at time of publication, residents of the united kingdom, Brazil, and South Africa are barred from entering Spain until March 30th. That ban have been extended, and could well be extended – at that time again, Spanish officials expressed concern over more virulent COVID strains getting a foothold in the national country. (Taking into consideration the possibility that MWC is actually a superspreader event, Engadget shall not be attending the show.)

    Regardless of the GSMA’s insistence a safe, in-person show can be done, some companies which have historically used Mobile World Congress as a launchpad for services have spent the final year determining how exactly to go it alone. Samsung, for example, staged multiple virtual launch events because of its high-profile smartphones in 2020 and plans to host another in a few days. Huawei ferried reporters to a warehouse in London in luxury cars, where they tested the then-new Mate 40 Pro without leaving their vehicles ever. Element in a bevy of announcements from MWC mainstays like ZTE and Oppo at the sooner Shanghai event, and we’re left with one big question: even though Mobile World Congress isn’t ultimately canceled this season, maybe there is any major announcements to check forward to even?

    Latest Posts

    Don't Miss

    Get notified on updates    OK No thanks