Perseus stands on the edge of total chaos and domination reigns in Verdansk. Welcome to Season Three in Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War and Warzone for Xbox Series X|S and Xbox One. Go through the new Warzone, Verdansk ‘84, plus four more multiplayer maps, six new weapons, and another chapter of Zombies in Outbreak.
Here’s what’s arriving at Season Three, live now.
Welcome to the brand new Warzone : A SYNOPSIS of Verdansk ‘84
Welcome to a fresh era in Warzone . Season Three winds the clock to 1984 back, with a completely reimagined Verdansk optimized for a larger selection of gameplay and major changes all around the map. Now fully tied in to the Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War storyline, Verdansk is similar to you’ve never seen it before on Xbox Series X|S and Xbox One.
Listed below are are just some of the major changes you’ll see in Verdansk ‘84:
- Gora Viaduct : A feat of 19 th century engineering, the viaduct spans the Gora River Valley, with dams feeding the lush grassland upstream. Find ascenders, fall off the bridge onto gondola roofs, and perform epic vehicle stunts.
- Old Verdansk Stadium: As the Verdansk Sparks expect a fresh stadium soon, they have to play as the old stadium is dismantled elsewhere. In 1984, the demolition site is open with high vantage points such as for example an announcer booth still, an archaic scoreboard, and a parked crane. There could even be considered a hole in the arena wall big enough to permit a Cargo Truck onto the pitch!
- Salt Mine: In 1984, Verdansk’s Quarry was the region’s largest salt mine. Two large (and currently sealed) entrances lead in to the salt mine, a spot with numerous old mine conduits and a big craggy hillside with containment factories and ponds to explore.
- Superstore: This popular drop returns to 1984 with changes and improved game flow. On the top, skylights permit you to crash as you enter through the primary interior of Superstore. New exterior windows sit in the southwest edge to the reception area. You can also access the tops of the shelves and a central refrigerated section beneath the roof.
1984 Verdansk – 2021 Strategy Guide, Updated and Free
Read more concerning the “retrofitted” changes in “THE STATE Warzone Strategy Guide”. This update includes the entire break down of tactics, tips, loadout suggestions, and over 400 sights in Verdansk ’84. Browse the entire guide here.
“Search for Adler” Event
The brand new “Search for Adler” limited-time event starts at launch of Season Three in Black Ops Cold War and Warzone , tasking operators to perform in-game challenges, earn event rewards, and observe Adler’s whereabouts.
Once you’ve completed a complete group of challenges in either Black Ops Cold War or Warzone , you’ll unlock a special Adler skin for used in both games!
Six New Weapons
Expand your arsenal with six year Three weapons:
- PPSh-41 SMG (Launch Week) – This classic SMG spits fire for an aggressive playstyle that’s perfect for leading the charge.
- Swiss K31: Sniper Rifle (Launch Week) – With rechamber and aiming speeds with a big ammo capacity fast, this bolt-action sniper rifle creates exceptional accuracy.
Unlock more weapons throughout Season Three by completing in-game challenges or by purchasing their corresponding bundles in the Store. In Season Three, keep an optical eye out for the CARV.2 Tactical Rifle, the AMP63 pistol, the Baseball Bat, and the Ballistic Knife (that is available only in Cold War at Season Three launch).
New Multiplayer Maps, Outbreak Content and much more in Zombies, and extra Features
- Yamantau (6v6, Launch Week): Fight through the crumbled remains and bury your enemies at the Soviet observatory on Mt. Yamantau. Battle by way of a massive, downed satellite dish, snowy interiors, and broken catwalks.
- Diesel (6v6/2v2/3v3, Launch Week): In the lonesome desert and a slice of Americana, battle round the gas station and its own surrounding buildings.
- Standoff (6v6, In-Season): Watch the building and mind the hay bales. Season Three sees the return of the iconic three-lane mid-sized map from the fan and pro scene.
- Duga (Multi-Team In-Season, Outbreak at Launch): Only the strongest Operators can desire to survive the cruel terrain in the Ural Mountains in this new Multi-Team environment. Undertake the central admin offices for close-range battle or work round the perimeter through the bus depot to the chemical processing plant for long-range. You don’t need to wait until mid-season to play Duga! Drop in to the map coming exclusively to Zombies in Outbreak at launch for the initial 1 / 2 of Season Three!
- Multi-Team Elimination (In-Season): Multiple teams of four will fight to survive ever-expanding radiation zones in the Multi-team Elimination mode arriving at Black Ops Cold War ’s biggest maps. Emerge because the last team standing or the initial squad to board the exfil chopper in the ultimate safe zone to attain victory.
Sticks and Stones Returns at Season Launch
Sticks is back for Black Ops Cold War in fact it is every operator for themselves. Each player deploys with the R1 Shadowhunter crossbow, Ballistic Knife, and a Tomahawk. The initial player to attain the score limit or the ball player with the best score once the timer expires wins.
New Scorestreak: Strafe Run (Launch Week)
Rack up kills or hold down a location for the team by calling upon a set of jet fighters to shower lead and rockets down upon the DZ with this particular new mid-tier Scorestreak. With an extended active period and higher prospect of kills in comparison to Scorestreaks just like the Napalm Strike, the Strafe Run is really a solid choice for just about any MP mode.
New Outbreak Vehicles: FAV and Cargo Truck (Launch Week)
Hit the street with two new vehicles for Outbreak. Gun down zombies while racing for another objective with the high-speed Fast Attack Vehicle (FAV) or fit the complete squad as you hunt Special and Elite zombies with the Cargo Truck.
New Field Upgrade: Toxic Growth
Requiem’s R&D team is rolling out Toxic Growth in round-based Outbreak and maps, a Field Upgrade that summons a deadly growth of toxic thorns that reduce zombie movement speed by half and deals toxic harm to enemies. Operators can upgrade Toxic Growth using Aetherium Crystals to double its damage, give it more charges, and cause enemies who perish from the growth to explode even!
New Outbreak World Events and Features (Launch Week)
Access upgrades for the D.I.E. Machine Wonder Weapon, unlock the powerful Aether Tool item by destroying Fury Crystals, uncover the secret to warping to raised difficulty regions even more quickly ahead, and much more for the very first time in Outbreak.
New Battle Pass, Prestige Levels, and much more
That is just the top of what Season Three is bringing plus a new Battle Pass, three new playable operators – Wraith, Antonov, and Knight – new prestige levels, new challenges in Zombies and Multiplayer, and much more. Plus, those that purchase or already own any version of Black Ops Cold War in the beginning of Season Three will have the Captain Price Operator for used in Black Ops Cold War and Warzone .
Haven’t joined the fight yet? Get Black Ops Cold War today on the Xbox Store, and plan Season Three!
Call of Duty®: Black Ops Cold War – Cross-Gen Bundle
Activision Publishing Inc.
The Cross-Gen Bundle includes:
– Cross-Gen Bundle of Call of Duty®: Black Ops Cold War game
– Includes Xbox One and Xbox Series X|S version
– Confrontation Weapons Pack
– Legendary Captain Price Operator Skin*
The iconic Black Ops series is back with Call of Duty®: Black Ops Cold War – the direct sequel to the initial and fan-favorite Call of Duty®: Black Ops.
Black Ops Cold War will drop fans in to the depths of the Cold War’s volatile geopolitical battle of the first 1980s. There is nothing since it seems in a gripping single-player Campaign ever, where players should come with historical figures and hard truths face-to-face, because they battle around the world through iconic locales like East Berlin, Vietnam, Turkey, Soviet KGB headquarters and much more.
As elite operatives, you’ll follow the trail of a shadowy figure named Perseus who’s on a mission to destabilize the global balance of power and change the span of history. Descend in to the dark center of the global conspiracy alongside iconic characters Woods, Mason and Hudson and a fresh cast of Operatives wanting to stop a plot decades in the making.
Beyond the Campaign, players provides a Cold War arsenal of weapons and equipment in to the next generation of Multiplayer and Zombies experiences.
Welcome to the brink. Welcome to Call of Duty®: Black Ops Cold War.
*All existing owners and future purchasers of Black Ops Cold War shall have the Legendary Captain Price Operator. Buy Black Ops Cold War and get on receive this free in-game Legendary Operator Skin. Usable in both Black Ops Cold Warzone™ and War.
To learn more, please visit www.callofduty.com.
© 2020-2021 Activision Publishing, Inc. ACTIVISION, CALL OF DUTY, CALL OF DUTY BLACK WARZONE and OPS are trademarks of Activision Publishing, Inc. All the trade and trademarks names will be the property of these respective owners.
Xbox Official news (news.xbox.com)