Hello, today we have been so excited to have the ability to release our latest update for No Man’s Sky, Prisms, absolve to all PlayStation owners from today.
Whilst exploring the universe, the method that you perceive the sights around you is indeed important. That’s the reason we’re so delighted in order to provide No Man’s Sky a visual overhaul with this particular update. We wished to enable you to see all you encounter with new eyes, and hopefully your screenshot button is approximately to get a lot more use!
Whether in the depths of space, on synthetic structures or on organic planetary life, everywhere you look are actually stunning details like reflections on your own spacecraft there, more detailed caves, enhanced lighting in space stations, realistic water and weather effects, and much more variety with fur on creatures and pets even!
And of course, with each one of these visual enhancements, it seems sensible to upgrade Photo Mode too with improved depth of field and bloom controls.
Here are some of the features and enhancements PlayStation travellers are able to download from today:
- Volumetric Lighting – New styles of volumetric lights improve the lighting in a number of areas, including starship and vehicle lights in addition to environmental effects.
- Warp Effects – The audio and visual warp effects have been completely reworked for a dramatic new interstellar experience.
- New Caves – Caves appear to have been reworked, with new lights, more descriptive environments and greater selection of generation.
- Parallax Occlusion Mapping – New parallax occlusion mapping technology brings extra texture detail and depth to planetary structures and the area Anomaly.
- Star Effects – The variety, quality and amount of stars in the sky have been improved significantly.
- Improved Rain Effects – Rain effects have already been significantly improved, bringing storms alive in a fresh way. Because the rain continues to pour, the bottom and other objects in the world become slick and coated with water.
- Improved Torch Visuals – The Exosuit torch now advantages from improvements to its visual effects aswell dynamic brightness and positioning improvements.
- Refractions – New lighting technology brings refractions to No Man’s Sky. The brand new effects is seen all around the universe, including on glass base parts; starship cockpits; forcefields and much more!
- Space Station Core – THE AREA Station hangar has been dramatically overhauled for a brand new visual experience.
- Creature Fur – Fur has been put into an array of planetary creatures, bringing both extra variety and further fuzziness to companion and exploration taming.
- Extra Planetary Details – Players on PlayStation 5 will dsicover a dramatic upsurge in planetary detail across a complete selection of environments.
- Screenspace Reflections – PlayStation 5 players will see reflections and improved lighting quality in the area Anomaly, space stations, Atlas stations, freighter hangers, derelict freighters and much more for PlayStation 5 players.
- Photo Mode Improvements – Photo Mode now advantages from significantly improved depth of field quality and controls, in addition to giving photographers manual control over bloom settings now.
- Appearance Modifier UI Refresh – The UI for the looks Modifier has been refreshed for a cleaner and clearer customisation experience.
- Exotic Companions – The range of creatures that can be adopted as your companion has been hugely increased to encompass virtually every lifeform you encounter.
- ByteBeat Sharing and Drum Improvements – The ByteBeat Synthesizer now lets you save tracks in an individual library, utilize them as a custom soundtrack to your exploration share and experience tracks with other players. Significant improvements have already been designed to the ByteBeat’s drum synthesizer, enabling the creation of meatier drum loops and driving rhythms.
- Dynamic Weather Objects – Hazards such as for example meteors or lightning impacts now have a chance to spawn valuable objects, offering rewards to those who brave extreme planetary weather events.
- Move Freighter Bases – When investing in a new freighter, your existing freighter base is transferred and reconstructed. Freighter base layouts could be reset at any right time from the freighter Upgrade Control terminal.
- Recipe Station on Nexus – A fresh terminal has been put into the blueprint research section of the Space Anomaly. This new automated research station shall provide recipes for crafting components, in trade for nanites.
- Standard of living Improvements – Several UI and standard of living improvements have already been added. Included in these are: an icon to show when new items have been added to an inventory; improvements to the UI when receiving several blueprints at the same time; and improvements to planetary charts so that they will not be used up if they fail to find a building and will now give more detailed error messages.
- Flying Rideable Creatures – Low-flying creatures, such as for example giant beetles and flying worms, could be adopted as your companion now. Mount and revel in a complete new perspective on planetary exploration up.
It had been just a couple months ago we launched the Expeditions update no Man’s Sky travellers on PS4, PS5, and PS VR have enjoyed the initial two seasonal adventures already. Week we loved watching the city unlock the SSV Normandy SR1 frigate from Mass Effect just last, what a brief moment!
The Prisms update is already our third major update of 2021 so far as we continue to celebrate our 5th anniversary on PlayStation. It has been a whirlwind of a journey so far, but you can find more surprises ahead plenty.
Our journey continues.
By PlayStation Official blog (blog.playstation.com)