- Releasing today, Rancho del Arroyo is the 10th and all-new reserve for theHunter: Call of the Wild.
- Explore a beautiful, vast desert that teems with life, and uncover a century-old mystery that tore a powerful family apart.
- Hunt nine unique animal species, including the Mexican Bobcat, Ring-Necked Pheasant, and Collared Peccary, and expand your arsenal with a powerful new weapon.
Today, we’re excited to welcome Xbox fans to Rancho del Arroyo, the all-new desert reserve for the immersive hunting game theHunter: Call of the Wild. This addition to the game brings new animal species to hunt, biomes and landmarks to explore, a thrilling century-old family mystery to unravel, and more.
But first, let’s take a closer look at the reserve. Rancho del Arroyo is inspired by the sprawling Sonoran Desert of Northern Mexico, one of the most biodiverse deserts in the world and home to a myriad of unique animal species and ecosystems. Just as our other reserves, the open world of Rancho del Arroyo stretches across a massive 25 square miles (64 square kilometers), giving players the opportunity to explore and hunt in and around a wide variety of vibrant environments such as desert scrub, dry grasslands, lush mountainous forests and high-altitude lakes. There are also many gorgeous sights and landmarks to discover, so don’t be afraid of going off the beaten track!
But barren beauty aside, it’s high time for a tour of the animal species that roam in the desert. In Rancho del Arroyo, we’ve added nine unique species of animals to the roster – five of which are brand new to the game. For the first time, players will come eye to eye with the elusive Mexican Bobcat. This discrete predator, known for its sharp hearing and vision and distinctive black stripes of fur, is mostly active during night and will provide a tough challenge for even veteran hunters.
We’re also glad to finally introduce the Ring-Necked Pheasant, alongside an exciting new animal behavior called ‘flushing’. By pushing a group of Pheasants into the open, players can now strategically move them out of their hiding spots and cause them to fly away (‘flush’), opening up for an eventful new way of hunting. Of course, there are also plenty of other animal species for players to hunt in Rancho del Arroyo, including Antelope Jackrabbit, Rio Grande Turkey and Collared Peccary. Whitetail Deer, Mule Deer, Coyote and Bighorn Sheep also make a welcomed return.
Lastly, when you’re done exploring for the day and want to tweak your loadout, make sure to give the powerful new Couso Model 1897 16-gauge pump-action shotgun a try. Accessible via one of the reserve’s Caches, and available in three distinct variations, this sturdy piece of metal makes for great close-range hunting as it can fire multiple shots in quick succession and carry up to five shells in its tubular magazine.
If you can rise to the challenge, Rancho del Arroyo is ready for you. Available now on Xbox One.
theHunter: Call of the Wild™ – Rancho Del Arroyo
Watch the Whitetail Deer, Mule Deer, and Bighorn Sheep scuttle across the plains in search of shade. Head towards the river for a chance to spot the Rio Grande Turkey, and keep your finger on the trigger as you come close to the Ring-Necked Pheasant, Collared Peccary, and Coyote. When night falls, hunker down in the desert shrublands and observe the elusive Mexican Bobcat stalk Antelope Jackrabbits.
COUSO MODEL 1897
Introduced in the late nineteenth century, the Couso Model 1897 16-gauge pump-action shotgun is a respected piece of iron among hunters, police officers and soldiers alike. It can carry five shells in its tubular magazine and fire multiple shots in quick succession, making it a versatile weapon in the hands of any skilled hunter.
RIGHT OLD WRONGS
When warden Salvador Soto Muñoz returns to his childhood home to take over the family ranch, he makes a decision that will forever alter their legacy, selling the cattle and turning the land into a biosphere reserve. Now, with the grand re-opening of the ranch mere weeks away, Salvador needs your help to ensure that it makes for a viable hunting ground. Along the way, you’ll uncover long-lost secrets and solve the century-old mystery that tore a powerful family apart.
SHARE THE EXPERIENCE
You can hunt in the reserve even if you don’t own the DLC by joining someone in multiplayer who does. This will give you access to everything except the narrative missions.
theHunter: Call of the Wild
A Next-Generation Hunting Experience.
· theHunter: Call of the Wild offers the most immersive hunting experience ever created. Step into a beautiful open world teeming with life, from majestic deer and awe-inspiring bison down to the countless birds, critters and insects of the wilderness.
· Experience complex animal behavior, dynamic weather events, full day and night cycles, simulated ballistics, highly realistic acoustics, scents carried by a sophisticated wind system, and much more. All systems work together to increase immersion and bring out the hunter in you.
Explore a Vast Open World. By Foot or ATV.
· Explore 50 square miles of varied terrain, ranging from wetlands and dense forests to lush valleys and open farm fields. The vast world of theHunter: Call of the Wild is split up into separate and distinct hunting reserves, each one filled with surprises and memorable moments.
· Take on missions and challenges from the locals, or go off the beaten path. Discover lookouts, hunting towers and outposts. Tired of walking between your hunts? Drive an ATV! This capable vehicle will carry you across rough terrain at breakneck speeds. Exploring the open world has never been more fun.
A Decade in the Making.
· theHunter: Call of the Wild is the evolution of theHunter, Expansive Worlds’ stand-out hunting game, with over 6 million registered players and 7 years of live operations.
· Avalanche Studios and Expansive Worlds bring hunting to a new generation of players. theHunter: Call of the Wild is built using Apex – Avalanche Open World Engine, award-winning technology crafted during a decade of developing explosive action games.
Become a Hunter. Design the Hunt.
· Acquire and equip a range of rifles, handguns and bows and customize them with scopes and different ammunition types. Find and master your favorites. Practice and steady your aim at the shooting range. Develop your character by unlocking various skills and equipment. Learn how to use callers and scents, but above all else, study your prey: pay close attention to animal behavior, traits and patterns of movement.
· New to hunting? Not a problem. Intelligent systems will aid and assist to make sure you get the most out of your hunt, whether you’re a hopeful novice or grizzled veteran.
Share Hunting Experiences. Earn Bragging Rights.
· In addition to its rich single player experience, theHunter: Call of the Wild offers unique multiplayer options. Join up to 8 friends (or complete strangers!) in cooperative and competitive modes. Enjoy a wide range of in-game challenges and events. Hunting is more rewarding and exciting with friends, so share your experiences and earn those bragging rights.
· Head out with your friends using ATVs. Moving between hunting spots on four wheels is fast, easy and most importantly – a lot of fun. Besides, after a long day of hunting, no one is going to turn down your invitation for an impromptu off-road race!
Galaxy Squad Now Available on Xbox One
5 Jaw-Some New Features in Maneater: Truth Quest
Nordic Adventure Game Song of Iron Available Now
Xbox Official news (news.xbox.com)