We are releasing the first significant update to No Man’s Sky in 2023 to coincide with the release of PlayStation VR2. It is being referred to as Fractal( version 4.1 ). Fractal offers full support for PS VR2 with new immersive controls and cutting-edge visuals. We knew we’d want to support it as soon as PlayStation announced their new headset. & nbsp,
VR has always sparked a great deal of passion in our small team. There is nothing quite like exploring the infinite universe in virtual reality, and No Man’s Sky is all about exploration. Since our small team added VR support in 2019, our game has undergone significant change, and we were eager to revisit and completely overhaul all virtual reality for all players. The ideal time to do so was with the release of PS VR2.
Here is a list of some features that both new and experienced gamers can anticipate when donning headsets:
- Play No Man’s Sky in its entirety in virtual reality without sacrificing quality or immersion.
- With the help of PlayStation 5, PS VR2 offers a truly cutting-edge virtual reality experience with reflections, terrain tessellation, increased draw distance, denser foliage, ultra-quality textures, and refraction.
- Headphone vibrations, 3D audio technology, intelligent tracking, haptic feedback, and adaptive triggers from the PS VR2 Sense controller are just a few of the features available for PlayStation VR2.
- Change between virtual reality and traditional play. Restart your favorite planets, bases, and creatures in full virtual reality by moving on from an existing save.
- Virtual reality has completely redesigned the HUD and user interface, making every interaction possible in the game feel natural and designed with a specific goal in mind. A personal wrist-mounted display allows users to browse the quick menu and inventory while also controlling Multi-Tool options through a menu integrated into the in-world multi-tool.
- To take off, lift open the cockpit of your starship and grab the controls. Amazing details are only visible in VR when you turn around to see the starship and car cockpits in their entirety.
- Special VR-only options have been made available for many interactions, such as using your hands to grab plants and other collectibles, physically opening the cockpits of ships and exocraft, using a VR stick or throttle to pilot starships directly, and punching objects to cause damage.
- No Man’s Sky is more intuitive, tactile, and immersive than ever thanks to full head and hand tracking and virtual reality interactions. Take your Multi-Tool off your shoulder and physically unholster it. Intuitively aim and fire at targets, or put it away to engage in combat with your fists. Tap a button on your headset to toggle the Analysis Visor, then point towards fauna, flora, and minerals to scan and discover them.
However, even if you don’t have a PS VR2 headset the Fractal update brings new experiences and huge improvements for all players!
Fractal introduces a spectacular new starship, the Utopia Speeder, which allows travelers to skim across planet surfaces at high velocity. We’re also launching a new Expedition &# 8211,” Utopia” &# 8211, which challenges players to work together and rebuild an abandoned solar system for the mysterious Utopia Foundation. Other expedition rewards include an exclusive new helmet( the Fearsome Visor ), a robotic drone companion and much more.
PlayStation players can now take advantage of motion controls on the DualSense and DualShock 4 controllers, making exploring and scanning fresh discoveries more comfortable and precise than ever.
Speaking of which, the Wonders Catalog shows off your most excellent discoveries, from tallest mountain to strangest creature, giving explorers a detailed record of their journey and allowing players to compare their records with fellow travelers. & nbsp,
We’ve also overhauled the game’s options systems, introducing a raft of new accessibility features and giving players even more control over the way they play and experience the game.
2022 was a pretty packed year for No Man’s Sky with major free updates like Sentinel, Outlaws, Leviathan, Endurance and Waypoint, plus a bunch more of our popular expeditions. We’ve got an even bigger years planned for 2023, with Fractal and PS VR2 support marking just the starting point.
Thanks once again so much for your continued support. It means a lot to us. Our journey continues.
By PlayStation Official blog (blog.playstation.com)