- Soar among New Zealand’s snow-kissed peaks, across vertical-walled fjords, and past modern architectural feats
- Explore 7 new cities, 9 airports, and 62 handcrafted points of interest
- Test your pilot skills in 3 Bush Trips, 3 new Discovery Flights and 4 Landing Challenges
Microsoft Flight Simulator World Update XII: New Zealand beckons all to experience the expansive beauty that the country has to offer, reproduced in stunning photo-realistic quality.
The jewel of the southwestern Pacific, born of volcanic fire and hewn by the sea and sky, New Zealand is globally renowned for its breathtaking vistas from Aoraki/Mount Cook, the country’s highest mountain at 12,218 feet above sea level; to the Milford Sound, a spectacular fjord that novelist Rudyard Kipling called the eighth Wonder of the World; Auckland’s needle-like Sky Tower, one of the highest structures on the planet; and the Bay of Islands, a group of 144 islands and numerous small peninsulas and inlets.
Experience the stunning vistas that unfold with each glance from the cockpit above New Zealand.
The Microsoft Flight Simulator team brought together the latest geographic data to create World Update XII: New Zealand, including satellite imagery, aerial photography, and digital elevation models. The team even incorporated the Hobbiton Movie Set on New Zealand’s North Island that is surrounded by the region’s unique natural splendor.
World Update XII: New Zealand features seven new cities created using high-resolution photogrammetry data and triangulated irregular network modelling:
From acclaimed scenery developer, Orbx, there are also 62 handcrafted points of interest to experience from the air. And, from Orbx and NZA Simulations, there are nine handcrafted airports:
- Gisborne Airport (NZGS)
- Milford Sound Airport (NZMF)
- Martins Bay Aerodrome (NZMJ)
- Gorge River Airstrip (NZQE)
- Rotorua Airport (NZRO)
- Lake Tekapo Airport (NZTL)
- Whangarei Airport (NZWR)
- Westport Airport (NZWS)
- Quintin Lodge Airstrip (T004)
Rounding out the release, Perfect Flight created ten missions that invite simmers to explore the country’s myriad sights, test their skills, and bask in the majesty of New Zealand’s diverse landscapes from above. These include:
Three bush trips:
- New Zealand’s North Island in a Textron Aviation Beechcraft Bonanza G36
- New Zealand’s South Island in a Pilatus PC-6/B2-H4 Turbo Porter G950
- A historic recreation of the country’s first air route in a Douglas DC-3 Classic
Three discovery flights:
- Auckland, the country’s largest city, in a Cessna 152
- Queenstown in a Guimbal Cabri G2 helicopter
- Lake Benmore in a DG Aviation DG-1001E neo glider
Four landing challenges:
- A strong wind landing at Wellington Airport (NZWN) in an Airbus A320neo
- An epic landing at the Ryan’s Creek Aerodrome (NZRC) in a Cessna 172 Skyhawk
- A technical landing at Gorge River Airstrip (NZQE) in a Savage Cub
- A famous challenge in an Airbus A310-300 at Christchurch Airport (NZCH).
Microsoft Flight Simulator World Update XII: New Zealand is available free to all owners. Confirm that your simulator is updated to version 184.108.40.206, download World Update XII: New Zealand and take in the natural beauty of New Zealand. The sky is calling!
Join the more than 10 million pilots in Microsoft Flight Simulator today! Microsoft Flight Simulator is available for Xbox Series X|S and PC with Xbox Game Pass, PC Game Pass, Windows, and Steam, and on Xbox One and supported mobile phones, tablets, and lower-spec PCs via Xbox Cloud Gaming.
For the latest information on Microsoft Flight Simulator, stay tuned to @MSFSOfficial on Twitter.
Microsoft Flight Simulator
Xbox Game Studios
Microsoft Flight Simulator Adds New Plane To Local Legend Series
Rust Console Edition Gets a Major Update – Power Surge!
No Man’s Sky: Fractal Update Is Available Today
Xbox Official news (news.xbox.com)