Greetings, Mercenaries! As summertime draws near, so does the release of Crossfire: Sierra Squad, our brand-new arcade-action FPS for PlayStation VR2. I’m thrilled to give you a closer look at what you can expect on launch day when the game launches.
When you put on your PS VR2 headset and fire up the game, you will be instantly transformed into the leader of an elite fireteam of the paramilitary group, Global Risk. Your fireteam is called Sierra Squad, a highly-trained, elite fighting force. Start out in the Shooting Range to familiarize yourself with the 39 different weapons in the game and blow some stuff up while you’re at it! It’s a fun way to learn the finer points of each firearm, from pistols to rifles to shotguns to snipers to RPG’s and more, so you’ll instinctively know how to use (and reload) them in the heat of battle. Take your time and enjoy yourself in there since the targets don’t shoot back yet.
When you feel that your training is complete, jump into the campaign missions (13 in total). In Crossfire: Sierra Squad, you are the leader of an elite paramilitary fireteam within the Global Risk organization facing an unexpected skirmish with the rival Black List organization. The fight starts here, and it’s going to take all of your shooting and battlefield skills to emerge victorious. Make sure you give yourself enough room in front of your PS5, because things are about to get intense.
If you like co-op, we have you covered. In addition to 13 single-player campaign missions, you can recruit a friend for 2-player co-op and conquer 50 squad missions. Or grab a few friends to take on Horde Mode as a fireteam of up to 4 players. I’ll tell you, the campaigns are really fun, but the multiplayer co-op is where the game really shines. There’s something about coordinating an attack with your friend(s) to take down a battalion against seemingly insurmountable odds in VR that feels just so – chef’s kiss – gratifying.
One of the great things about VR is that the action can happen all around you, including behind and above. You’ll engage with heavy artillery like helicopters and LAV’s in full 360-degree VR space, so be sure to keep your head on a swivel at all times because the danger can come from anywhere, and it isn’t always in front of you.
We can’t wait to get you on the battlefield!
PlayStation Showcase 2023
PlayStation Studios & third-party publisher announcements
- Final Fantasy XVI launch trailer, Salvation, revealed
- Marvel’s Spider-Man 2 gameplay revealed
- Introducing Concord—a new PVP multiplayer FPS from Firewalk Studios coming to PS5 and PC
- Bungie unveils Marathon
- Watch the first trailer for Dragon’s Dogma 2, Capcom’s upcoming action-RPG
- Tower of Fantasy, an immersive cyberpunk open-world RPG, hits PS5 and PS4 this summer
- Two new playable characters join the Granblue Fantasy: Relink roster
- First Assassin’s Creed Mirage gameplay revealed, launches October 12
- Alan Wake 2 launches on PS5 October 17
- Foamstars, a fresh new party shooter revealed for PS5 and PS4
PS VR2 announcements
- New gameplay details revealed for Crossfire: Sierra Squad, coming to PS VR2
- Beat Saber launches on PS VR2 today with new Queen Music Pack
- Immersive PS VR2 action-shooter, Synapse, launches on July 4
- First look at Arizona Sunshine 2 revealed, launches on PS VR2 this year
- First PS VR2 footage for Resident Evil 4 VR Mode revealed
- Five Nights at Freddy’s: Help Wanted 2 – hiring again on PS VR2
- Revealing Ultros, a psychedelic sci-fi side-scroller coming to PS5 and PS4 in 2024
- Welcome to Revenant Hill, where your journey to become a witch’s familiar begins
- Towers of Aghasba hits PS5 next year – new gameplay details
- Revealing Cat Quest: Pirates of the Purribean, coming to PS5 and PS4 next year
- Phantom Blade Zero: a new beginning in a long journey
- Teardown hits PS5 later this year
- Meet the friends and foes of The Plucky Squire’s storybook world
- Introducing Neva, the beautiful new game from the developer of Gris
- The Talos Principle 2 brings mind-bending puzzles and haunting beauty to PS5
- Introducing Sword of the Sea, a new game from Giant Squid
By PlayStation Official blog (blog.playstation.com)