Sunday, April 11, 2021

LOCATING THE Real Magic Mike Competition Show Announced for HBO Max

Finding The Real Magic Mike competition show announced for HBO MaxHBO Max is diving into the Warner Bros. vault to expand its unscripted content as the streaming platform has ordered the new reality competition The Real Magic Mike to series, with film star Channing Tatum and director Steven Soderbergh attached to executive produce and is expected to debut later this year.RELATED: The Lost City of D: Channing Tatum & Sandra Bullock-led rom-com sets 2022 release“From box office hits to sold-out live shows, Magic Mike has proven to be a pop-culture juggernaut that continues to delight people across the globe,” Sarah Aubrey, Head of Original Content, HBO Max, said in a statement. “We’re excited to work with Channing, Steven and the team behind Magic Mike Live to continue this successful franchise that celebrates self-confidence and sexiness both inside and out.”The exhilarating and sexy series will transform a group of men into real-life Magic Mikes as 10 men who have ‘lost their magic’ will compete for the title. Like any competition show, participants will undergo a full-body evolution as they learn to perform spectacular routines and develop a new level of self-confidence through stripping. Many will think they have what it takes but only one man can be the Real Magic Mike. The winner will receive a cash prize and an opportunity to perform on the blockbuster Magic Mike Live stage in Las Vegas.Click here to watch the Channing Tatum-led film!“Magic Mike is one of Warner Bros.’ most iconic franchises,” Mike Darnell, President, Warner Bros. Unscripted Television, said in a statement “We couldn’t be more excited to be working with Channing, Steven and HBO Max on an all-new vision of this amazing and legendary brand. We’re looking forward to giving fans a front-row seat as we search the country for undiscovered talent.”Loosely based on Tatum’s early days as a stripper before making it in Hollywood, Magic Mike quickly became a box office hit in 2012 grossing over $167 million worldwide. After the release of Magic Mike XXL, Executive Producer Channing Tatum, along with founders Peter Kiernan, Reid Carolin, Steven Soderbergh, Greg Jacobs and Nick Wechsler partnered with producer Vincent Marini to introduce audiences to the groundbreaking entertainment experience MAGIC MIKE LIVE. The live show has expanded internationally since it’s Vegas launch and has played to sold-out audiences in London, Berlin and Australia. Tickets are currently on sale for the recently announced 2022 UK Arena Tour.RELATED: New to Stream: HBO Max’s April 2021 highlightsA nationwide casting search for The Real Magic Mike is currently underway. In addition to Tatum and Soderbergh, the series will be executive produced by Reid Carolin, Peter Kiernan, Gregory Jacobs, Nick Wechsler, Vincent Marini, Alycia Rossiter, Cassie Lambert Scalettar, Chris Culvenor, Paul Franklin, Wes Dening and David Tibballs alongside co-executive producer Kevin Boyer, with Eureka Productions and Warner Bros. Unscripted Television producing in association with Warner Horizon.
More
    Home Tags Family Guy

    Family Guy

    Arif Zahir Replaces Mike Henry as Cleveland Brown on Family Guy

    Arif Zahir Replaces Mike Henry as Cleveland Brown on Family Guy According to Deadline, YouTube star Arif Zahir will be replacing Mike Henry as Cleveland Brown on Fox’s animated series Family Guy after Henry announced in June that he would be stepping down from the role. Henry, who is white, has voiced the character since the show premiered in 1999, but chose to step away from the role saying, “I love this character, but persons of color should play characters of color.” RELATED: Family Guy & Bob’s Burgers Get Two-Season Renewals at Fox Zahir will start voicing Cleveland for Family Guy’s 19th season, which is now beginning production. Episodes had already been completed or were in “advanced stages of animation” for Season 18 when Henry exited the role, meaning he will still voice the character for Season 18 before Zahir takes over for the following season. Henry will remain a series regular on Family Guy, voicing Bruce the Performance Artist, Herbert the Pedophile, and other roles. “I welcome Arif to the Family Guy team,” Henry said. “Arif’s vocal talent is obvious, but his understanding of Cleveland and his respect for the character give me confidence that he is in the right hands. I look forward to getting to know Arif and working with him to make sure Cleveland stays every bit as awesome as he has always been.” Zahir is partly known for his Cleveland Brown impersonations from his YouTube Channel that has garnered millions of views. “Firstly, I’m eternally grateful to have received this once-in-a-lifetime opportunity,” Zahir said. “When I heard that Mike Henry was stepping down from the role of Cleveland Brown — my favorite cartoon character of all time — I was shocked and saddened, assuming we’d never see him again. When I learned I would get to take over the role? Overabundant gratitude. To Mike, you created something truly special, and I promise I will do my absolute best to honor your legacy. To Rich Appel, Alec Sulkin, and Seth MacFarlane, thank you for this incredible gift. And to the millions of fans who love this show, I promise not to let you down.” RELATED: Liv Tyler Exits Fox’s 9-1-1: Lone Star Ahead of Season 2 Along with Bob’s Burgers, Family Guy was recently picked up by the network for two more seasons, taking the animated series to its 20th season. Family Guy was created and is executive produced by Seth MacFarlane. Rich Appel and Alec Sulkin serve as executive producers and showrunners on the animated series, with Steve Callaghan, Tom Devanney, Danny Smith, Kara Vallow, Mark Hentemann, and Patrick Meighan also serving as executive producers. The show is set to return for Season 18 on Sunday with its 350th episode.

    Family Guy & Bob’s Burgers Get Two-Season Renewals at Fox

    Family Guy & Bob’s Burgers Get Two-Season Renewals at Fox According to Variety, Family Guy and Bob’s Burgers have both been picked up for two more seasons at Fox, with Family Guy now running through Season 20 and Bob’s Burgers’ renewal taking the show to its 13th season. RELATED: Liv Tyler Exits Fox’s 9-1-1: Lone Star Ahead of Season 2 “’Family Guy’ and ‘Bob’s Burgers’ are key pillars of our network’s success,” said Michael Thorn, president of enteratinment for Fox Entertainment. “By taking the genre to new heights and driving pop culture in meaningful ways, they’ve laid the foundation for making Animation Domination one of the most powerful program blocks in all of television. Both of these two-season renewals affirm once again our commitment to animation and empower us to continue in our build as the leader in the space with distinct and fresh new comedies. We’d like to thank Seth, Loren and their entire teams, not to mention our partners at 20th Television, and we’re excited to continue these great shows with them.” Family Guy was created and is executive produced by Seth MacFarlane. Rich Appel and Alec Sulkin serve as executive producers and showrunners on the animated series, with Steve Callaghan, Tom Devanney, Danny Smith, Kara Vallow, Mark Hentemann, and Patrick Meighan also serving as executive producers. Bob’s Burgers was created and is executive produced by Loren Bouchard and Jim Dauterive. Nora Smith, Dan Fybel, Rich Rinaldi, Greg Thompson, and Jon Schroeder also executive producers. Bouchard and Smith will showrun for the upcoming season. RELATED: Sam Elliott Joins Family Guy to Succeed Adam West as Mayor Family Guy and Bob’s Burgers are both produced by 20th Television. Fox’s Sunday animation fall block will debut on September 27.

    Must Read

    Get notified on updates    OK No thanks