Sunday, July 3, 2022

Sucker Punch Says It’s Not Working On Infamous Or Sly Cooper, And No Other Studio Is Either

Sucker Punch Productions, the studio behind 2020’s hit new IP Ghost of Tsushima, has revealed it is not working on anything related to its previous Infamous and Sly Cooper franchises. The studio also says that no other developer is working on projects related to the franchises.  This news comes from a new blog post highlighting Sucker Punch’s 25th anniversary. Since opening its doors more than 20 years ago, the studio has worked on Rocket: Robot on Wheels, the popular Sly Cooper platformer series, the superpowered Infamous series, and of course, Ghost of Tsushima. In this blog post, though, the studio clarifies some things amidst rumors of a Sly Cooper 5 and an Infamous remake.  Sly Cooper “As our games continue to grow in scale and complexity, they require the full attention of our studio,” the blog post reads. “With our focus on our current project, we have no plans to revisit Infamous or Sly Cooper right now, and no other studio is currently working on projects related to those franchises either. These characters are very special and near and dear to our hearts, so while we’d never say never to re-opening those doors down the road, for now, there are no Infamous or Sly Cooper games in development.”  Elsewhere, the studio says it will soon perform maintenance on Infamous 2 UGC servers to move them to a new home allowing them to stay up longer. However, Sucker Punch says it will eventually need to sunset the servers but “[we] want to keep them running for as long as possible for players who are still active.” Sucker Punch is also working on getting Infamous Second Son’s Cole’s Legacy DLC, previously only available as part of the game’s Collector’s Edition, on the PlayStation Store in all territories.  “Thank you to everyone for an incredible 24+ years of support,” Sucker Punch writes. “Your love and appreciation are what fuel us to keep making new games and new worlds, and we look forward to continuing to bring new and exciting ideas to life for many years to come. We’re not ready to talk about whatever might be next, but we hope you’ll keep following us whenever we’re ready to share more.”  My money’s on a sequel to Ghost of Tsushima, but who knows what the studio’s working on right now. Hopefully, we will learn soon. For now, read Game Informer’s Ghost of Tsushima review.  Would you prefer a Sly Cooper 5 or an Infamous remake? Let us know in the comments below!
More
    Home Tags Henry Cavill

    Henry Cavill

    Henry Cavill Not Taking part in Zack Snyder’s Justice League Reshoots

    Henry Cavill not participating in Zack Snyder’s Justice League reshoots After yesterday brought the surprising word that Zack Snyder would be shooting additional footage for his cut of Justice League with five of its central stars returning, Collider has revealed that contrary to the report, Superman’s Henry Cavill is not set to partake in the reshoots for the infamous cut. RELATED: CS Video: Release the Snyder Cut Author Sean O’Connell “Not shooting anything additional. No,” Cavill said. “It’s all stuff that has been already done. Obviously I don’t know how things are going to evolve and change and adapt depending on now a different length of movie and whatever may happen in post-production. Whatever lessons may be learned from what is it four years since Justice League came out? Four years’ worth of fan reaction. For me…I’m now just watching the party.” Our recent chat with Release the Snyder Cut author Sean O’Connell revealed that the original decision not to shoot new footage may have simply been COVID-related, so it’s possible appropriate safety steps were ironed out. While things could change and see Cavill actually partake in the additional photography, with his schedule currently filled shooting the second season of The Witcher in the UK and pandemic protocols making traveling between the two productions near-impossible, chances are Snyder will indeed have to work with whatever footage he has for the character. Zack Snyder’s Justice League will reportedly cost around $70 million in order to properly finish the editing and visual effects of the director’s original vision, as well as the additional photography. The original post-production crew is also expected to return along with the cast members to record additional dialogue for the cut. It is expected to debut sometime in 2021.  Fueled by the hero’s restored faith in humanity and inspired by Superman’s selfless act, Justice League sees Bruce Wayne enlist the help of his newfound ally, Diana Prince, to face an even greater enemy. Together, Batman and Wonder Woman work quickly to find and recruit a team of metahumans to stand against this newly awakened threat. But despite the formation of this unprecedented league of heroes—Batman, Wonder Woman, Aquaman, Cyborg, and The Flash—it may already be too late to save the planet from an assault of catastrophic proportions. Justice League, which features a screenplay from Chris Terrio from a story by Snyder and Terrio, stars Ben Affleck as Batman, Henry Cavill as Superman, Gal Gadot as Wonder Woman, Jason Momoa as Aquaman, Ezra Miller as The Flash, Ray Fisher as Cyborg, Willem Dafoe as Nuidis Vulko, Jesse Eisenberg as Lex Luthor, Jeremy Irons as Alfred Pennyworth, Diane Lane as Martha Kent, Connie Nielsen as Queen Hippolyta, with J.K. Simmons as Commissioner Gordon, and Amy Adams as Lois Lane. RELATED: DC FanDome: Watch the New Trailer for Zack Snyder’s Justice League! Released in November 2017, the film earned mixed reviews from critics and audiences alike, praising the action and performances from Gadot and Miller while criticizing every other aspect of the film, namely the inconsistent tone that many fault Joss Whedon (The Avengers) for after taking over directorial duties from Snyder. With a large budget of $300 million and a break-even point of $750 million, the film is considered a box office bomb having grossed only $658 million.

    Must Read

    Get notified on updates    OK No thanks