Thursday, May 19, 2022

The Final Fantasy 14 Housing Lottery Is Finally Fixed

Final Fantasy XIV’s housing lottery is finally fixed after one month of being broken.  On April 16, an FFXIV maintenance update indicated that the latest lottery cycle for housing in-game was broken, so when checking the placard where winners were to be shown, the placard said there were no winners. This meant nobody could obtain a house. Polygon reports the issue has been fixed as of yesterday, and now, winning lottery numbers will be displayed correctly, and land purchases may be finalized accordingly.  “As I mentioned in our previous update, we will be conducting maintenance to restore lottery results data on Monday, May 16,” FFXIV producer and director Naoki Yoshida writes in a new update. “This maintenance will fix identified errors and properly relay lottery results for affected plots to the appropriate servers.” As a result of this maintenance fix:  Winning lottery numbers will be displayed correctly, and land purchases may be finalized accordingly. Temporary suspensions imposed on plot purchases and relocations will be lifted.  Yoshida says that if you have a winning lottery number, you should finalize your land purchase by Thursday, May 26, as the next lottery cycle will begin that day, at which point, you will lose the ability to claim land you won during the current lottery. The next one will start on May 26 and have a typical five-day entry period and a four-day results period.  If you’re a winning participant who has already received a gil refund due to the recent lottery break, you will still be able to finalize a purchase on a won plot of land. Even if you received a refund and have since found out you won the lottery, you’ll still be treated as a winning lottery player.  “In Patch 6.2, we plan to implement an NPC by which you may voluntarily return the deposit you were accidentally refunded,” Yoshida writes. “As these housing lottery issues have been significant and caused great stress and frustration in many players, we have no intention of performing a data rollback to forcibly rescind any refunded gil. We will make an announcement regarding the voluntary return of housing deposits once the NPC in question is ready to be implemented.  “In closing, I would like to thank you all once again for your patience and understanding this past month, and extend my deepest apologies for the trouble and inconvenience these issues have caused. We will do everything in our power to safely restore your data, fix any remaining issues, and bring you all a fair and functional housing lottery system. Thank you for your continued support.”  For more FFXIV, read our exclusive interview feature with Yoshi-P, and then read Game Informer’s Final Fantasy XIV Endwalker review. Read Game Informer’s ranking of every mainline Final Fantasy game after that.  [Source: Polygon] Are you a Final Fantasy XIV housing lottery winner? Let us know in the comments below!
More
    Home Tags Insidious

    Insidious

    Exclusive: Lin Shaye Talks Status of Insidious Franchise & Possible Return

    Exclusive: Lin Shaye talks status of Insidious franchise & possible return While chatting with the star for her upcoming film The Call in which she stars alongside fellow horror genre icon Tobin Bell (Saw franchise), ComingSoon.net explored the state of the Insidious franchise and the possibility of her return for a fifth installment in the Leigh Whannell-penned series. RELATED: Patrick Wilson Open to Returning for Insidious 5 Word first began circling last year that Whannell (The Invisible Man), James Wan (Aquaman) and producer Jason Blum were in talks about developing a new story for the series and after expressing doubt earlier this year as to her potential return, Shaye confirms that she’s not heard word about another film, though chalks it up more to the state of the world than a disinterest in the franchise. “I think everybody is so preoccupied with the horror of our own society, we’re in a horror film right now of sorts,” Shaye laughed. “There was some thought at one point that James had about another Insidious, but I’ve heard nothing. I think everybody’s preoccupied. I’m good with whatever, if we come back, I’m in The Further this time, so that will be different.” Click here to purchase the 2010 original hit film! Though her time may or may not be at an end for the box office hit franchise, the 76-year-old expressed she felt “honored” the lengths at which Whannell, Wan and The Last Key director Adam Robitel went to explore her paranormal investigating Elise and that she’s ready to continue if everyone else is. “It was a really beautiful arc for me to find as the character and in the storyline,” Shaye warmly described. “Right now it’s all about The Call and I hope Insidious has provided me with a beautiful frame work to remember right now. Now it’s in my memory and I would love it if there was another one, of course, but we’ll see.” RELATED: Enter ComingSoon’s The Pale Door Giveaway from RLJE Films & Shudder! The first film hit theaters in April 2011 and was a major success, earning generally positive reviews from critics and audiences and scaring up just under $100 million at the box office. Its success not only helped revive Wan’s and writer Leigh Whannell’s careers but also helped Blumhouse Productions continue their rise to its current mammoth status of box office champion. The Call is set to hit select drive-ins and theaters on October 2 and tickets can be purchased here!

    Must Read

    Get notified on updates    OK No thanks