Sunday, April 11, 2021

LOCATING THE Real Magic Mike Competition Show Announced for HBO Max

Finding The Real Magic Mike competition show announced for HBO MaxHBO Max is diving into the Warner Bros. vault to expand its unscripted content as the streaming platform has ordered the new reality competition The Real Magic Mike to series, with film star Channing Tatum and director Steven Soderbergh attached to executive produce and is expected to debut later this year.RELATED: The Lost City of D: Channing Tatum & Sandra Bullock-led rom-com sets 2022 release“From box office hits to sold-out live shows, Magic Mike has proven to be a pop-culture juggernaut that continues to delight people across the globe,” Sarah Aubrey, Head of Original Content, HBO Max, said in a statement. “We’re excited to work with Channing, Steven and the team behind Magic Mike Live to continue this successful franchise that celebrates self-confidence and sexiness both inside and out.”The exhilarating and sexy series will transform a group of men into real-life Magic Mikes as 10 men who have ‘lost their magic’ will compete for the title. Like any competition show, participants will undergo a full-body evolution as they learn to perform spectacular routines and develop a new level of self-confidence through stripping. Many will think they have what it takes but only one man can be the Real Magic Mike. The winner will receive a cash prize and an opportunity to perform on the blockbuster Magic Mike Live stage in Las Vegas.Click here to watch the Channing Tatum-led film!“Magic Mike is one of Warner Bros.’ most iconic franchises,” Mike Darnell, President, Warner Bros. Unscripted Television, said in a statement “We couldn’t be more excited to be working with Channing, Steven and HBO Max on an all-new vision of this amazing and legendary brand. We’re looking forward to giving fans a front-row seat as we search the country for undiscovered talent.”Loosely based on Tatum’s early days as a stripper before making it in Hollywood, Magic Mike quickly became a box office hit in 2012 grossing over $167 million worldwide. After the release of Magic Mike XXL, Executive Producer Channing Tatum, along with founders Peter Kiernan, Reid Carolin, Steven Soderbergh, Greg Jacobs and Nick Wechsler partnered with producer Vincent Marini to introduce audiences to the groundbreaking entertainment experience MAGIC MIKE LIVE. The live show has expanded internationally since it’s Vegas launch and has played to sold-out audiences in London, Berlin and Australia. Tickets are currently on sale for the recently announced 2022 UK Arena Tour.RELATED: New to Stream: HBO Max’s April 2021 highlightsA nationwide casting search for The Real Magic Mike is currently underway. In addition to Tatum and Soderbergh, the series will be executive produced by Reid Carolin, Peter Kiernan, Gregory Jacobs, Nick Wechsler, Vincent Marini, Alycia Rossiter, Cassie Lambert Scalettar, Chris Culvenor, Paul Franklin, Wes Dening and David Tibballs alongside co-executive producer Kevin Boyer, with Eureka Productions and Warner Bros. Unscripted Television producing in association with Warner Horizon.
More
    Home Tags Lucasfilm

    lucasfilm

    Jon Favreau Says The Mandalorian Season 3 is on Schedule To Film This Year

    Jon Favreau Says The Mandalorian Season 3 is on Schedule To Film This Year While Disney+ hasn’t officially given a greenlight for The Mandalorian season 3, it’s basically a formality. Series creator and showrunner, Jon Favreau, began working on the season 3 scripts earlier this year (via SuperHeroHype). More recently, Favreau told Variety said that The Mandalorian season 3 is “on schedule…[to begin filming] before the end of the year.” RELATED: Din Djarin Shows the Way in The Mandalorian Season 2 Promo “We’re operating under the assumption that we’ll be able to go forward,” added Favreau. “We’re in very small situations and oftentimes we have a lot of characters in masks. And we also have a lot of digital work that augments things. So we’re a show that’s probably well-equipped to be flexible based on the protocols that are emerging surrounding work restarting.” Regarding rumors of a Mandalorian movie, Favreau noted that he’s not in a hurry to make one. “But we’re definitely open to it,” said Favreau. “And excited to see where the story leads us and have that flexibility — because there’s no rulebook now. Technology is always offering new opportunities to tell stories in a fresh way. It’s a very exciting time to be doing this and I feel very grateful that we’re able to be able to work remotely, because of the nature of the technology that we’re dealing with. So we’re continuing to try to move forward and keep the ball rolling, even though it’s been a challenging time for everyone.” However, The Mandalorian star Pedro Pascal was more enthusiastic about a potential film. “I think that the work is so beautiful that I would love for that to be held by a big-screen experience,” said Pascal. “But it seems to work so well that also I’m not sure it’s something that I would want corrupted by any kind of change, you know? I mean, I certainly know that the challenge can be met. It’s not like these people don’t have the experience. If anybody can do it, they can!” RELATED: The Mandalorian Season 2 Character Art Brings Out Your Inner Child The Mandalorian season 2 will premiere on Disney+ on October 30. New episodes will drop every Friday at midnight. What do you think about Favreau and Pascal’s latest comments? Let us know in the comment section below! Recommended Reading: Star Wars: The Bounty Hunter Code

    ILM Explores the Making of the Razor Crest in a fresh Mandalorian Featurette

    ILM Explores the Making of the Razor Crest in a New Mandalorian Featurette The Child (a.k.a. Baby Yoda) may have stolen the spotlight from the title character throughout The Mandalorian’s first season. However, if it weren’t for the series’ true unsung hero, the Razor Crest, they never would have crossed paths in the first place. Mando’s ship certainly saw a lot of action last year, and it’s mostly thanks to the talented crew at ILM. Not surprisingly, a lot of work went into designing the bounty hunter’s space ride. But in a new 17-minute featurette, the designers themselves reveal how its creation hearkens back to old-school Star Wars filmmaking (via SuperHeroHype). The featurette includes interviews with several ILM staffers, including design supervisor Doug Chiang. According to Chiang, showrunner Jon Favreau already had a good idea of what he wanted the ship to look like. He was particularly fascinated by the A-10 Warthog, an Air Force plane with two large engines on its rear. Chiang’s team used this as their starting point. They also combined it with “WWII aesthetics” to indicate an “early” spaceship whose design might even pre-date the X-Wings. RELATED: Giancarlo Esposito Teases Future Seasons of The Mandalorian Military aircrafts provided a lot of inspiration to the team as they designed the Razor Crest. Model supervisor Jay Machado explained that they also studied “airport graveyards” to give it a more run-down appearance. Regardless, he admitted that it was “very difficult to make something so shiny look good in all these different environments.” In the long run, concept design supervisor Ryan Church says their goal was to make the vessel look “very intimidating and very strong.” What’s really interesting, however, is how the designers created a model of the Razor Crest for filming. As CGI technology has advanced over the years, this method has been used less and less. But with Favreau’s support, the team 3D-printed a miniature version of the ship, which paved the way for the studio’s first motion-control shoot in 15 years. The Mandalorian (and the Razor Crest) will return to Disney+ for its second season on October 30. You can watch the new featurette below, then share your thoughts in the comment section! Recommended Reading: Star Wars: The Bounty Hunter Code 

    John Powell Announces Expanded Score for Solo: A Star Wars Story!

    John Powell Announces Expanded Score for Solo: A Star Wars Story! Composer John Powell announced on his Instagram page the release of Solo: A Star Wars Story: The Deluxe Edition, which will feature over two hours of his original score for the Ron Howard film! Check out the full announcement below. Here’s what Powell wrote on his post: “Solo: A Star Wars Story (The Deluxe Edition)Coming soon in 2020 to digital exclusive streaming and digital purchase: over 2 hours of original/unedited music from Solo: A Star Wars Story [as written for the film] All cues + the original unedited version of the end credits suite!” This is indeed exciting news. The score for Solo: A Star Wars Story remains one of the better efforts to come out of the recent batch of Star Wars flicks thanks to its exuberant style, luscious themes, and rip-roaring action music. John Williams wrote the main theme for the Han Solo character, but Powell, an under-appreciated composer if there ever was one, is credited with the bulk of the music. Directed by Ron Howard, the fun-filled galactic heist movie stars Alden Ehrenreich, Woody Harrelson, Emilia Clarke, Donald Glover, Thandie Newton, Phoebe Waller-Bridge, and Paul Bettany. Joonas Suotamo returns to play Chewbacca. RELATED: CS Unboxed: Diamond Select’s Chewbacca Statue From Solo Written by Jonathan Kasdan & Lawrence Kasdan, Solo: A Star Wars Story is produced by Kathleen Kennedy, Allison Shearmur, and Simon Emanuel. Lawrence Kasdan, Jason McGatlin, Phil Lord, and Christopher Miller are executive producers. To create the unique look of the film, some of the industry’s top talent was recruited, including Academy Award nominee Bradford Young, director of photography; two-time Academy Award-winning editor Pietro Scalia; Dominic Tuohy, special effects supervisor; Rob Bredow, visual effects supervisor; and John Powel, score composed and adapted by. They are joined by returning Star Wars veteran crew members: Neil Lamont, production designer; Neal Scanlan, special creature effects; David Crossman and Glyn Dillon, costume designers; Jamie Wilkinson, prop master; Lisa Tomblin-Fitzpatrick, hair designer; and Amanda Knight, makeup designer.

    Must Read

    Get notified on updates    OK No thanks