Thursday, August 5, 2021

Starfleet Academy Star Trek Series in Development at Paramount+

During an interview with The New York Times, filmmaker and producer Alex Kurtzman (Star Trek, Star Trek Into Darkness, Clarice) revealed that Paramount+ is developing a series centered on the Starfleet Academy.RELATED: Paramount+’s Star Trek: Lower Decks Season 2 Trailer ReleasedEmmy-nominated Kurtzman has produced five shows in the Star Trek universe for Paramount+, including Star Trek: Discovery, Star Trek: Picard, the adult animated series Star Trek: Lower Decks, the upcoming Paramount/Nickelodeon animated series Star Trek: Prodigy, and Star Trek: Strange New Worlds, debuting in 2022. The outlet confirmed that another project, Section 31 starring Michelle Yeoh in her reprised role as Captain Philippa Georgiou is also in the works along with a “show built around the Starfleet Academy, which will be aimed at a younger audience.”It has not yet been confirmed if the Starfleet Academy project will be a live-action or animated series.“I think we’re just getting started,” said Kurtzman about the ever-expanding Star Trek universe. “There’s just so much more to be had.”President of CBS Studios David Stapf added: “Anything goes, as long as it can fit into the Star Trek ethos of inspiration, optimism, and the general idea that humankind is good. So comedy, adult animation, kids’ animation — you name the genre, and there’s probably a Star Trek version of it.”RELATED: Star Trek: Prodigy Teaser For Nickelodeon & Paramount+’s Animated SeriesKurtzman, who revealed to the outlet that he “wants to get much weirder with the franchise,” said if it were up to him, he would be “pushing the boundaries much further than I think most people would want. I think we might get there. Marvel has actually proven that you can. But you have to build a certain foundation in order to get there and we’re still building our foundation.”
More
    Home Tags Tatmadaw

    tatmadaw

    YouTube removes five TV channels run by Myanmar's military

    YouTube has taken down channels connected to five TV stations run by Myanmar's military (Tatmadaw) in the wake of further violence in the country. The service told the New York Times it removed the channels for breaking its community guidelines but it didn't explain the decision any further. Among the removed channels were ones for Myanmar Radio and Television and Myawaddy Media, which air news, sports and Tatmadaw propaganda. Dozens of peaceful protestors were killed this week during demonstrations against last month's coup. Protesters have organized rallies online and shared footage of violence carried out by the military and police. The Tatmadaw responded by blocking social media services and occasionally shutting down internet access entirely. YouTube removed dozens of other channels connected to the military following Myanmar's elections last year. It's not the only social media giant to take action to stem Tatmadaw's attempts to spread misinformation. Facebook and Instagram banned the military from those platforms last week, along with ads by Tatmadaw-owned businesses. Facebook blocked Mywaddy on February 2nd, the day after the coup.

    Must Read

    Get notified on updates    OK No thanks